Monday, May 25, 2009

Kek Lumut (can we call it as Algae Cake???)

Last Friday, inside my mind I wanted to bake something; either bread or cake. So, dalam dok browse thru' the net, finally I decided to try Kek Lumut- it's a steam cake. I have all the ingredients at home. I've seen a lot of people give a positive comments on this recipe so I wanted to give myself a try. I downloaded the recipe from Myresipi.com
The Ingredients:
225g butter
100gm caster sugar
* Beat until creamy.
Beat in 5 eggs one by one
Then, fold in 200g of horlicks, 1tsp vanilla essence, 150g kaya and 200ml evaporated milk. Finally fold in 250gm of self rising flour and 2 tsp of green colouring.
Steam for 4 hours.

It was after I lifted the steamer cover. Looks so fluffy before I cut it but I found out that its quite dry. If I used a better quality of butter, the texture could be more moist. Its ok then, maybe I'll try again next time.

2 comments:

Abby said...

hijo nyer kaler kek..seram nak makan..jgn le nama kan algae.eh sometimes people will mistakenly ingat kek pandan kan..

che zaid said...

Actually not that green, ok la compared to kaler2 kt kek lapis tu..my kids enjoyed to eat..but for me hmm i like my kek lapis hwa flakes better walaupun style membuatnya lebih kurang je..