Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mini Celebration@Secret Recipe, Seksyen 9

I call it mini celebration coz its only 3 of us with a slice of cake chosen by the birthday girl. I have no idea where am I supposed to bring my first doter for her birthday celebration yesterday actually but since I wanted to purchase a slice of cake I think its better for us to dine at Secret Recipe cafe- cake and dinner all in one...
My doter chose Chocolate Indulgence- I only bought one slice which more than enough for 3 of us actually. The birthday girl wanted to eat rice, so as we flipped the menu I ordered Chicken Kebab and Iced Caramel Macchiato. Hmmm..sounds like so mouth watering.
While waiting for the chicken kebab, we were served with Tapioca Chips (both my kids didn't like it). It taste like "Opak" which can easily be found in Perak, or whenever you use the North- South PLUS Hiway, you still can purchase them at any stall which sell snacks but it'll be in a larger size than below:
When the chicken kebab arrived, owh it seems that I lost my appetite. Hana just ate the rice three times then she stopped eating coz she said the chicken was not really nice. Yea..I felt the same thing and if I just wanted to compare the price with what it taste owhh its just not so reasonable. The chicken so dry and it got a very strong taste of oregano. The rice also dried up. What I can say, the food was tasteless. Same goes to the Iced Caramel Mochiaato- our drinks of the day, the name so elegant but the taste..urgggghhhhh..I think Kluang Station Iced Coffee is far more better with far more cheaper. For me, when I eat outside the price I pay must commensurate with the taste. I think SR must do something to enhance its image and to strengthen its position eventhough you had expand in 7 countries it doesn't mean that you have to stop from doing your R&D and improvement in the taste and food presentation. So, our yesterday's celebration was not so happening but my Lil' Sophie still happy. Hana said its better to eat at Upin & Ipin's rather at this place...Opps..my rating for Secret Recipe is 3stars for the cake and no rating for the other food.



4 comments:

MariaFaizal said...

La....dik..dah dekat rumah Kak Kimi.Kat Sri Mahligai,naik atas bukit sikit ja.

Save my number : 013-338 7522

Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter.May Allah bless you & your beautiful family.Ameen...

che zaid said...

Owh really kak Kimie..la so near yet so far..hehehehe.insyaAllah ada ruang bolehla we all singgah.neways thanks for the wish.

Seri Pahang said...

Salam kak, thnks coz follow blog saya.. maaf ambil masa yang agak lama untuk view blog akak ni.. apa yang boleh saya katankan.. " it is very nice blog... xterduga deka kal saya leh wat cantik dan kreatif camni kan..." leh saya belajar ngan akak ek...

che zaid said...

ehehe..sebenornye akak pun x bape terer dik oii..just buat xperiment here n there..there's a lot to learn walaupun blog ni nampak so like nothing but it means a lot to me!!thanks coz drop by...